Wednesday 6 January 2010

shadow

Due to how restless I was last night, instead of fruitlessly trying to sleep, I wrote a song.

Now, it's been forever since the last time I completed a song I was happy with. So this is very exciting. I am quite the pleased with this one.

This one actually has quite an interesting story. :)

Because I don't have the time to figure out how to get a little clicky thing that'll let you hear the mp3 version I have, I quickly stitched together a video of the picture I drew the other day. One picture.
Sorry, I really don't have the time to make something elaborate.

I've had a decent day.

Went out in the morgan with the madre.

She had a class to teach, so I sat outside like a hobo flipping through The Kite Runner for the billionth time. Then we had lunch. Then I had coffee.

Mmm coffee.

Good talk time. She was super mad at me as we left because I was three minutes late. (If you know my mother, seriously, that's like half an hour.) After the yelling and silent car ride, everything was okay.

As usual.

When I got home, after studying for a bit, I got a call. Shaun. Again, good talk.

Then more studying. Wheeeeeeee!

RACH IS HOME. :D

Day: Complete

--

Right, so here's the song. Lyrics are there too for those interested. :)

Please do feel free to leave comments and stuff. It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



The phone rings and it's you
You sound okay but you tell me that you're not
There's nothing I can do
We both know it'd be better if you stopped
And I'm too far away
To hold you up and tell you you're okay

The sleep will try to claim you
Your feet will now betray you
You're treading the waters that we both don't know
You're eyes are out of focus
You barely even notice
The shadow on the side that wants you home
It wants you home

The phone beeps and it's you
You tell me that he's caught your eye uh oh
There's nothing I can do
But pray that you don't slip and fall oh no
And I'm too far away
To get up and stand in your way

The sleep will try to claim you
Your feet will now betray you
You're treading the waters that we both don't know
You're eyes are out of focus
They barely even notice
The shadow on the side that wants you home
Wants you home

Cause it's scared
It wants you home cause it's scared

The sleep will try to claim you
Your feet will now betray you
You're treading the waters that we both don't know
You're eyes are out of focus
They barely even notice
The shadow on the side that wants you home
That wants you home

I want you home
I want you home

--

Hope you're all well.

:)

No comments: