Friday 1 January 2010

rah rah ah ah ah

Your call last night made me smile. :)

--

Happy New Year, everyone.

I spent the new year in church at the E.N.D party.

It was a great time of fellowship. (Yes, everyone says that. I MEAN it, though.) Jam packed full of good food, memories and great performances. I'll admit that I was kind of hesitant about going, but don't regret it one bit.

On the note of performances, I was asked to perform too. :S

Last night marked the first time I ever got up on stage to sing and play - ALONE.

The idea itself was enough to freak me out. I think it went well, though. At first, I was planning to do two originals, Better Than Fine and Waiting Anxiously, but inspiration struck early that morning, and I thought maybe a cover of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance would be a fun one to perform. I squashed the idea, though, when I realised I couldn't speak passable French.

During sound check, I thought I'd just show Shaun what I had been thinking. His response was,

"You should TOTALLY do that."

After a bit of psyching myself out, I agreed that I would. Just the first part of it as a sort of starter.

When it finally came to my turn to perform, we were running a bit behind time, so I cut Better Than Fine from the set. Chose to start with Bad Romance, telling the audience it was something they 'may have heard before'.

The crowd was super supportive and awesome in general. Even with the ridiculous capo hiccup between the first song and the second.

:)

It was fun. I don't think I've ever had that much fun up in front of people before.

Weird, I know.

Wish you had been there.

All in all, it was a great start of the year. I'd love to elaborate on it, but I have exams coming up and I really should get back to it.

Hope you're all well.

:)

No comments: