Saturday 23 January 2010

frawesome on a saturday night

Hey.

Just got back from Hema's eighteenth not too long ago. It was pretty frawsome.

frawesome: freaking awesome

I was the first of the old high schoolies to arrive, so I spent the first hour or so mingling with the new people. Well, to Hema they are old people, but I've never met them before. They were all pretty much really friendly and chatty which made conversation a lot easier to hold.

Eventually, people started pouring in. The house had forty over people in it. That's more people than I've ever seen it hold since the first time I was there in Year Seven.

I'll admit that though I was excited about the party, there was this sense of apprehension in me about being around so many people I didn't know. Parties at Hema's have always been about getting back together with the people you went to school with and making a few more memories with them.
Now it was a huge experiement involving the collision of two 'opposite forces', if you will.

It was pleasant.

Well, as pleasant as you can get with thumping music, endless bottles of alcohol and energetic, young people.

Hah.

I don't think I'd be able to properly describe anything that happened tonight. As I type, the party is still going on and people are still having a really good time.

Hema said it was the best birthday party ever.

That's good enough for me. I'm just glad I was there.

--

I actually met Hems this morning at Metropolitan College for my SAT subject test. A happy coincidence had my car pull up right behind hers as well as me in the same room she was.
Very cool.

Hope you're all well.

:)

--

P.S. Big thanks to Hema's parents for hosting the party. We're not an easy bunch to put up with.

No comments: