Friday 8 January 2010

don't take this the wrong way, but to me, you're just a talking sinkhole

The Class. Epic. :)

--

Hi guys.

As usual, I'm supposed to be studying right about now, but trying to make Econs make sense to my brain right now is giving me an actual headache.
So I'm taking a short break to tell you about something funny that happened today.

After my morning study session with the squish, I decided to go out with mum for lunch. We went to Organic Recipe which was nearby.
The food there is decent and quite the nutritious. Recommended? Yes.

Anyway, to get from the carpark to the restaurant, four flights of stairs have to be traversed. Downwards. After your meal, they must again be used. UPWARDS.


Mum: *looking down at decorated feet* I think I need to go for a pedicure.

Me: Okay..

Mum: Would you ever get one?

Me: What? A pedicure?! *incredulous look*

Mum: *obliviously* Yeah. Why not?

Me: It's a waste of time.

Mum: Cheh..

Me: Please, lah. I wear shoes ALL the time.

Mum: You could admire them yourself.

Me: ... right.

*beat*

Mum: Ugh...these stairs.

Me: Well, SOMEONE is unfit.

Mum: My legs buuuuuurn.

Me: Hahahaha.

[In the car]

Me: ARE YOU PANTING?!

Mum: ...yeah.

Me: Hah! *looks out the window and tries to ignore burny feeling in legs while quietly taking deep breaths*

--

Later at the McD's Drive Thru:

Lady: Hello! Good afternoon! Welcome to McDonalds! Would you like to order a Prosperity Meal?

*beat*

Mum: No.


Way to kill the joy, Ma.

--

Okay, I have to get back to work. I'm gonna lose the momentum I have going.

Wishing you well,

manda.

No comments: