Saturday 27 March 2010

you'll grow up someday

Hi blog.

I got into Knox today.
My tumblr says about everything I have to say about it, so here:

i got into college.


I’ve spent the past few days wondering if I’d managed to persuade them I was good enough. Despite the fact I wasn’t entirely sure I wanted to go yet, it would have been nice to know I could get in anyway.

After watching my friends getting accepted these past few days, I actually noticed myself checking my email more often than usual just in case.

I thought I wasn’t gonna be anxious.

I thought wrong.

And this morning, I found the email I had been waiting for. I opened it. They let me in. They let me in with a scholarship that covers almost half the cost.

Dad says there will be a bit more financial aid boosts in the entrance pack.

-

I still haven’t decided if I want to go this year.

-

But it’s cool to know that I can.


So yeah.
I'll admit that this is kind of exciting. Because until today, this wasn't real for me. I'm trying to react to it slowly because I wanna make sure I make the right decision.

Two kinda celebratory events today. :)

Anne swung by and took me out for frozen yoghurt, which was way yum.
And the whole fam went over to Rawang to eat dinner with my Grandma.

Cheryl and I are making plans to go ice cream in celebration of not being hobos for the rest of our lives.
We're also actually making plans to run through the streets of New York from hobos that we have pissed off. Come to think of it, I don't know why they're chasing us in the first place. But that's not gonna stop me from learning how to ride a unicycle so that I can make sure they don't catch me.

The squish called at nine to wake me up this morning so that I could hit the books and get some coursework done.
I thought it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to just skip the email check so that I wouldn't be distracted by the interweb and the sin it offers. And when I finally checked it at half past eleven..

there was a big fat golden egg sitting in my inbox.

Hah.

It's been a quiet day.
Nothing particularly exciting, but pleasant nonetheless.

Hope y'all are alright.

:)


No comments: