Wednesday 24 March 2010

the man with the double chin

iloveyou.

--

Yesterday, Cheryl picked me up as usual to go to school.

We were chugging along as usual, talking casually and laughing about nothing when suddenly, Cheryl stopped talking in favour of looking in the rearview mirror.
She kind of did a double take.

"Is the man in the car behind us wearing a neck brace?"

Of course I turned to look and sure enough, there he was in his neck brace.

"Gosh. Yes!"

This guy was middle aged, both hands on the wheel sitting really stiffly against the back of his seat. He was kinda peering at the road through the rimless glasses resting on the bridge of his nose.

And he was wearing a neck brace.

Which was the best part.

We were very mature about the whole situation and immediately started giggling about the fact that he was wearing a neck brace. I quickly compared him to the dude who tried to jump off the building at the beginning of the Incredibles. He was wearing a brace in the courtroom when he was suing Mr. Incredible for saving his life.

Oops, I meant 'ruining his death'.

Yeah. I'm going to stop describing this because those of you who know what I'm talking about already know what I mean and those who don't aren't going to even if I continue so yeah.

MOVING ON.

This guy, right. He pulled out from behind us and into the next lane. He sped up to be right next to us. On our right.

And I took one look into the car, right. And I freaked out.

THE NECK BRACE MADE HIM DOUBLE CHIN.

It's like the brace caught the extra fat/skin on his chin and bunched it all up under his face.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

After that, right, neither Cheryl or I could contain our excitement. We laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and told each other that we were horrible people for laughing at the poor injured man.
But that didn't stop us from still laughing.

Laugh laugh laugh.

Gosh. We were almost crying.

Then a thought occurred to me.

"I hope he isn't in pain."

"Me neither. I don't want to be laughing at someone who is in pain."

"Yeah. That would make us bad people."

*beat*

"We are going to hell, aren't we?"

--

Heh.

Hope you're all well.

:)


No comments: