Thursday 4 February 2010

wild hoats

My nose is itchy.

I rubbed it really hard. My contacts are still on and were dry. When I rubbed my nose, my eyes watered and moisturised my contacts. Now my eyes feel fine and my nose doesn't itch anymore.

Problem solved.

--

Hi blog.

As of yesterday, I decided that from now on I'm gonna call the folks that keep me company during my hours at school shall be collectively referred to as the 'motley crew'.

Why?

Because, in actuality, none of us are coordinated enough to be ninjas.

Today, we had our Lit class in a broom closet. Okay, it doesn't store actual brooms, but we're all pretty sure that it was made for that purpose rather than a classroom. Sure, you can fake it by putting a plate on the door that says 'TUTORIAL ROOM 1', but you can't trick us.
We know you didn't mean that to be a class.

Seriously, there are only eleven of us, including Ms. C. By the time we were halfway through the lecture, we all were starting to sweat.
Literally.
But we were having a lot of fun.

Ms. C: Wild Oats (a name of a poem)

Cheryl: Wild hoats?!

Motley Crew: OATS. Hahahahahahahaha.

Me: What's a hoat? Is that some kind of mutant goat?

Motley Crew: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ms. C: You have the giggles. *snicker*

*beat*

Me: That's because there isn't any oxygen left in here.

Class: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I realise I cannot record this conversation properly. I attribute it to the fact that I can't remember anything that happened in that room due to the fact that there wasn't any air to breathe. Heh.

We all have the day off tomorrow.

:)

I realise I haven't told you how I'm feeling in a while. I'll tell you now. I feel great. I'm tired and want to snuggle up in bed and not get up for a long time, but I feel so alive it is insane.
I kind of feel like I discovered some sort of secret to being happy.

A couple weeks ago, I wasn't feeling very good. I'd spend about an hour every morning trying to convince myself to get out of bed. Then, I'd mope around the house for a while. Hardly productive at all.
I felt like I was thinking too much about everything and like my brain wouldn't shut up. I couldn't sleep because the thoughts would rage. Then, I'd dream vividly and wake up feeling frustrated about whatever I was dreaming about.
The process would then repeat itself. Day in and day out.

I talked to Rach about it, but there was really only so much she could do. It got to a point where our conversation ended with her saying this to me,

"I'm tired and I'm going to sleep now. Call me when you're better."

We hung up.

The next day, I told myself that I needed to feel better. That feeling bad wasn't helping me any. I instantly felt better.
It was then that I realised that all I needed to do was get to that point where I'd shut up and stop feeling sorry for myself.

It was in my control the whole time.


Since then, I've been having really good days because it is just that easy.

:)

It's awesome.

Hope you're well.

No comments: