Friday 26 February 2010

i think you are loving something

Paloma is Hema's four year old niece.

"We were swimming in a pool late at night and meowing at each other. Paloma whispered to me 'Hema, I'm a soft fish.' I thought she meant hard-soft and I said, 'Yes, I am a hard fish'. So she kept repeating it until she finally added with a sigh 'You are a noisy fish. I am a soft fish'. And then she stared at me for a long time and I kissed her."

If this girl wrote a book, I wouldn't eat or sleep before I finished reading it cover to cover. I cannot put into words how beautifully constructed I find this.

--

Hey blog.

I'm sitting in front of the TV watching The Biggest Loser Asia after having eaten McD's for dinner. For some reason, I always manage to catch The Biggest Loser while or after having eaten something undeniably unhealthy.

Maybe it's a coincidence.

Maybe I just eat unhealthy things all the time.


Hah.

My day's been okay. Woke up at nine which is very very early for me, especially if I have nothing planned. But I felt well rested, so it was all okay.
(Note: My sleep tracker graph is ridiculously erratic looking.)

A calm afternoon. I feel at peace. I've had two cups of coffee today, yet I still feel like I could drift off right now. I tried napping from five to six, but because of the coffee, I ended up lying on my bed with my eyes open for an hour.
That's okay, though. It was good thinking time. I think I needed it, considering the past few days' events.

--
To what was, and will never be again:


Although this is life and life means moving on, I will not deny that there was a slight sense of loss that came to me while I scribbled this all out.
I know I haven't lost you, that's for sure. But there is something about you not being five minutes away anymore that makes me sad.

It's not a bad sad.

Just a small one.

I'm happy you like the new place more.

It'll probably be better for you.

And that makes me smile inside.


--

Hope you're all well.

:)


3 comments:

Raelene said...

Did they move today? Ahah. That actually looks like the actual room.

Pasty said...

Yes. Yes they did. Haha. It's SUPPOSED to look like the room. That's the point. Apparently it's about 95% right. Which is good enough for me.

Wheeeeeeeee!

Raelene said...

HAHAH. Okay, good job on drawing it 95% right then. :D