Monday 5 April 2010

i know what you did

"I was just calling to say 'thank you' and tell you how much I love you and that I'm sorry for yelling just now."

--

When I was a kid, I used to run around with a propellor stuck to my forehead. It was attached by a suction cup. You know, one of the ones that you lick and stick to the window of cars? The ones you lick to make them stick better.

There was one day on which I wore the propellor for too long and it left a really large, suction cup sized suction bruise in the middle of my forehead.

I got in trouble for that.

I got in trouble for being dumb enough to leave it on that long.

It bothered mahm more than it bothered me. I didn't mind walking around with a purple circle on my forehead. (No, those words don't rhyme. But nice try.) It was mahm that didn't want to be seen with a discoloured child.

Heh.

But I learned something from that.

I learned that actions have consequences.

And that sometimes you have to wear them.


I hope you've all had a great start to the week.

:)


No comments: