Monday 31 May 2010

KWEBGRGBEIRGBOIJINTERNETTTT

Good grief.

This evening, I sat down with Eli after having spent a lot of my day with a book that I rather dislike (hello econs textbook) and as I was happily going through the routine, the internet cut out.

"That's alright," I thought.

After all, my internet does weird things once in a while since I'm so far away from the box. I figured it would just fix itself like it does usually.
A few attempts later, and I wasn't feeling so confident.

Nothing wanted to cooperate.

I went down to ask Alex to give it a look, but after one shot at it, he gave up and told my dad to call TM. I kept going because I wanted to have it back. I unplugged wires, pushed reset buttons, rearranged the boxes because some of them were getting hot, refresh, refresh, refresh. NOTHING.
By this point, my adrenaline was pumping.

Beyond frustrated, I went to go ask dad how the call went. Turns out, he didn't have the number so he hadn't called yet. I went to get him the number. Brought it back up.

"Okay, I'll call in a bit." he said.

He was looking at his phone the entire time, so I went over to go see what he was doing.

He was playing Bejeweled.

Now, I don't fault him at all for this. I've plenty a time ignored my parents in favour of playing Bejeweled. But at that point in time, I was so mad at the whole situation that I was annoyed at that. I was warned not to be rude so I quickly left.

Then I got up to my room and took my anger out on the bed.

It doesn't really seem like something to get really mad about, I know. But the whole thing was almost too much to deal with, you know?
Just one bad thing after the other.

Worsened by the fact that I had been looking forward to tonight to reward myself for the afternoon of work.

I'd been planning to talk about all these cool things that happened today and this completely ruined that for me.

To dad's credit, he did eventually call TM but the idiots put him on hold for ten minutes, then cut him off. If I was in his position, I wouldn't have called back after that either.

*sigh*

It was just blow after blow after blow after blow.

Evidently, the internet came back. But that whole incident stressed me out and made me crazy and I'm still kind of reeling. It's probably because the whole thing was so out of my control.

My day started off great.

I'm just really trying to hold onto that.


No comments: