Monday 23 November 2009

the noodle ankle

"I just don't like it when they whine about it and expect everyone around to panic with them."

"Yeah, it bothers me too."

"I mean like you, right, sometimes you leave your work last minute too. But you don't whine, complain or panic, because you've already gauged what you are going to do."

"Right."

"And that's fine."

--

Good morning/afternoon/evening, dear readers.

It is Monday.

bleh.

I FINISHED MY COURSEWORK!

YEAH!!

I'm here, today, to talk about an incident that happened after lunch. Cheryl, Fiface, Sna and I went to McD's to celebrate our two hour break. This happened on the way back to KPD, via shuttle bus.

I was carrying both Fifa's and my full drinks (because who can resist a free refill) and was in the process of stepping over a drain. I was also carrying my sling bag with my laptop in it. I must have misplaced my footing or something, because the next thing I know, I was not in control of the direction I was going anymore.

With both hands full and one shoulder being weighed down by an expensive laptop, I attempted to save myself by my leg alone. But my ankle was well on it's way to being broken beyond recognition.

BUT

What happened instead of a disgustingly loud 'CRACK' sound, I felt my ankle turn into a noodle. Thinking quickly, I used my newly discovered noodle ankle and shifted my weight to the other leg. This gave me enough balance to use the thigh of the noodle ankle leg to push myself back up.

I did not break my laptop.

I did not spill a drop of Coke.

I did not break my ankle.

I did not touch the floor.

I am a ninja.

--

Hope you're all well.

:)

No comments: