Wednesday 23 December 2009

Youth Camp '09 : DIE HARD, LIVE FREE

17th - 20th December
PINES RESORT, FRASER'S HILL

--

Why, hello there, blogworld. I meant to leave both a blog entry and a fb status update about where I was gonna be this past weekend, but I was busy the night before I left, so didn't bother to.
That's why it appeared as if I was sucked into a black hole.

I wasn't.

This year's camp was about discipleship. In a nutshell, we were taught that in order to follow Christ we have to first die to ourselves as it's the only way to life free. That we have to take up our own crosses, no matter how heavy, and carry them.

It was an action packed few days. And it was freezing cold. Usually, I love the cold, but there were a couple of mornings I could have done without it.

This year, though not on the committee, I found it hard to spend a lot of time with my team. Shaun and I were in charge of leading three sessions, so time that was not spent eating, sleeping or showering was spent in the hall singing and re-singing songs. Everything was ordered and re-ordered. Musicians were swapped out and brought in last minute. It was crazy. Not helping was the fact that both Shaun and I are positively anal about getting arrangements perfect before we lead.

Everything turned out well though. :)

I think we're both extremely relieved with the outcome. We had a great team to work with.

I hope that the people got as much as we did out of Saturday night. I think I speak for everyone when I say it was mindblowing.

This God guy, He's seriously cool.

I wish I could say more about it, but you really had to be there yourself to know what an experience it was. :)


Because I think everyone should see this.

No comments: