Saturday 26 December 2009

a magical time of year

Merry Christmas, everyone. :)

Okay, yeah. I missed the ACTUAL date, but there is a perfectly logical explanation for that.

Yesterday, to cure my crappy day, I gate crashed a party. Seriously. Not only was it just a party, but it was a family party. Yeah, I didn't think I had the ovaries for it either. But turns out I do. OVARIES OF STEEL, MAN.

What happened was that I sent Anne a text asking what she was doing. All I was thinking of was making a looooooong phone call when she was free at night. But she invited me over, and I was powerless to refuse.

Thing is, she asked me over for dinner WHILE I was eating dinner with my family. So I was full when I got to the house. Still, I managed to force down the super yum turkey. Talk about stuffing...

HAHA.

...puns...

Anyway, yeah. So after the crazy eating a lot and talking a lot and being interrupted a lot and wrapping presents that were to be opened half an hour after they were wrapped and then the actual unwrapping, I was ready to go home. By this time, however, it was one in the morning.

Not a problem on a normal basis but because I had slept the afternoon away, I needed to finish the Christmas cards I was to give out that morning.

They. Took. Forever.

The thirteen cards took me five hours to finish. Do note that every single card starts out as a blank piece of paper. What I do is after checking my list twice (heh), I draw a picture on the front and then write a personal message on the inside. That's why it takes so bloody long per card.

I ended up crashing at six something on the couch in the den. I woke up about half an hour later when the boys started a racket downstairs with the present opening and such. I was tempted to join them for a bit. Then I decided that I was more tired than excited to open my presents.

They let me sleep in till nine.

Got ready for and went to church. The Christmas play was great. I think everyone did a brilliant job and that the response was super encouraging.

Things were also fixed this morning. :)

After church was lunch, after lunch was home. Basically hung out with Alex and Adam. Nerf gunning, trying to sleep on the living room couch, failing to sleep on the living room couch and eating the random pieces of chocolate that were thrown at me.
Then was the shower.
And then was dinner with the relatives.

Went to Italiannies in the Curve with mum's side of the family. There was way too much food, despite us ordering carefully to avoid such a situation. Fail.

I SENT NINJA TO BE FIXED.

I have a good feeling about it, and hopefully this time next week will have Ninja back in my hand. I miss the awesome ringtones that came out of his speaker. The phone I'm using now is kind of weird in that department. But yeah. Still. *fingers crossed*

THEN, I was dropped off at Rach's place to hang out. They had a dinner party thing which was awesome fun and super crowded. Yei. :)

Played Boggle till late.

Late as in one in the morgan.

Again.

Ask me what kind of mood I'm in.

Go on.

What's that you say? What kind of mood am I in? Hah. I never thought you'd ask.

I'm in a good mood. I'm in a good mood because everything that was broken yesterday was mended today.

iloveyou.

--

wine makes me warm

:)

No comments: