Wednesday 6 February 2008

Young Love?


Ameli wanted to hear my views on this. So I'll share.

I'll start with the fact that the word 'Love' is used too casually nowadays. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, but it's used to frequently to always be meant. Sometimes it's said without being meant. Not because the individual is careless, but because they honestly don't know what significance that word should hold.

So I'll clear things up now, so what I say next makes sense.

Love is not a feeling. It's a choice.

You can only love someone after you decide to. It's not easy and can sometimes lead to the hardest things you have to ever do in your life. Nothing can cause you as much pain as love. And I'm talking about real love. Love means that you have made a commitment, so you can't just back up and pretend it never happened.

Anyone who thinks or says that love is a feeling has got it wrong. Happiness is a feeling. Anger is a feeling. Heck, drowsiness is a feeling. But not love. No, that is a choice.

So keep this in mind as you continue reading.

Infatuation is the culprit. Teens are very vulnerable to this. They feel all tingly and bubbly on the inside when they see that 'someone' and call it 'love'. Is it really? Think about it.

Real love requires time, effort and sacrifice. How often do you see that in young couples? Rarely, right? Why? Because the word 'love' isn't understood. But because they see it all the time on TV and around them, some think that being single is abnormal. It's not really.

What's the point of going out with someone just because everyone else is doing it? Don't conform to the patterns of this world. Choose to do what is best for you. Yes, you can be attracted to people, but just be careful when using the word 'love'.

In fact, most young people that have had numerous boy/girlfriends, haven't even experienced love yet.

I feel as if young love is overrated. It isn't that big of a deal. It isn't important to me, because nowadays, none of it seems to be real. There are odd cases, but very rarely do I come across them. For example, kids as young as twelve claim to be 'in love'. Do you believe them?

No one should feel the NEED to be 'in love'. Because the phrase alone suggests that one can fall out of it. Real love means forever. No matter what. It's unconditional and you can't just back out. To some, this may sound very idealistic and seemingly impossible, but it's the real meaning.

As you can see, this post has covered my thoughts on love in general, and what it really means. But that is because it's the reason why I feel the way I do about young love and how it rarely does exist.

This post will also probably be used as reference for a future blog post about friendships.

I know I keep covering that topic, but it's because I have a lot to say about it.

Am, or anyone else really, if you still want more of what I have to say on this, just leave a comment in the tag box and I'll respond to it. I'm sure I've missed something...

No comments: