Friday 18 June 2010

delirious

Today, I fell asleep in the waiting room while waiting for my dentist to show up.
(Which reminds me that I have to blog about the dentist metaphor soon.)

So when I got home, after epically failing to study, I fell asleep on my bed.

Which is where I proceeded to have the most horrifyingly distressing nightmare I have had in a long time. It was a mixture of the world turning against me succeeded by the end of the world.
It's funny, what happened is that the world ends in a giant oily flood.

Yes.

The water. Had. Oil innit.

Go figure.

But yeah. It sounds funny now, but at the time I was forseriously horrified. Horrified like you would never understand.
There was a point in the dream where I was woken up, which is why I thought it was real.

Oh so real.
Cept for the fact that the water was blue and clear (bar the oil) which is not what the water surrounding this country is like.

When I did eventually wake up, I was overcome with a rush of relief that it was just a dream as well as shock with everything that had happened.

And I had a splitting headache.
I think it may have been a migraine.
All I wanted to do was stick my head into a bucket of ice cold water.

Or chop it off.

I had to call Rach to diffuse the situation. I was hysterical.
Like, hys.te.ri.cal.


Moral of the story:

Please drink water on a hot day. Dehydration makes you mental.

No comments: