Sunday 5 July 2009

A feast fit for a king. And another. And another. And another.

HELLO BLOG. :)

I'm proud of myself for keeping this up longer than I have in a while.

Went to uncle's place for dinner.

You couldn't possibly imagine how much I had been looking forward to this all week. Aunt cooks SOAMAZINGLYYOUWOULDNOTEVENBELIEVE.

There was so much food. GOOD food. Of course I used the opportunity to stuff my face. I think I had to have eaten about a weeks worth of my normal consumption. (Okayokay, a bit exaggerated. Half a week. Hee.)

Look at this feast:

Do you know what you are seeing?

You are looking at butter prawns, marmite chicken, fried sotong, THE BEST FISH EVER, a bucket load of crab, a wok's worth of mushrooms, fried lettuce (I think. I didn't really pay attention to that one) and eggplant/brinjal/aubergine cooked...somehow (didn't pay attention either).

[Cheryl, I realise you are quite disgusted. It's alright. I'll still be your friend.]

That's a crazy amount of food for ten and a half people. (Adam doesn't eat that much.)

Dad thought it'd be a good idea to bring durian too. Can you IMAGINE? Everyone was stuffed, and still were tucking into it.

Normally, I'd join in the durian related festivities. But tonight, I stayed away. D'you ever notice how the smell tends to linger for, often, a couple of days?

On average, I take about three showers a day.

If the smell can STILL linger after that, you can bet it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong. It doesn't really bother me. I've just gotta be in a lot of places with a lot of people, and not everyone appreciates the unique, uh, odour.
I'm just trying to be considerate, here.

:)

So YEAH. That was my made of awesome evening.

Random photo of my feet in my uncle's HUMUNGOLOSUS slippers:


If you didn't know already, I don't exactly have dainty, little feet. Those slippers are quite the large.

Alright, alright. I seem to have gone on a bit more than I had planned to. I have to get some sleep.

Long day tomorrow.

I'm excited.

Hope you're all well.

BAI.

:)

2 comments:

Mariel Nonis said...

hahaha heey AMANDA. i love how u've been consistent too. GOOD JOB. so nice to hv another blog to visit and find updated again. :)keep it up! Xx

CHERYL said...

ewwwww to the vegetables. YAY to the crab.