Tuesday 29 January 2008

People. Are. Shallow.

Doesn't this bother you? It bothers me. A lot.

Haven't you noticed how people who are above-average looking tend to be accepted into society waaaaay faster than those who aren't? It frustrates me because it is completely unfair. Some of the best people I have met are average looking or less (not pointing any fingers, just stating a point.)

Sure, anyone can say that they don't go for looks, but it's human nature to. We forget what is really important and spring for what we think we want. Usually this'll end in disappointment.

And those who fall in the category of 'above-average' tend to be lulled into a false sense of security. They think that everything will be just fine, because wherever they go, people are gonna like them. Sheesh. Sickening much?

In the real world, this becomes very dangerous. Falling back on looks is dangerous. Why? Because they aren't gonna last.

'It's a matter of time before we all run out'

Those who don't fall under the category of above-average looking have to be ten times as smart to survive in this world. They have to know what they are doing. I'd put myself in this category too alright? I'm not preaching...

Let's face it.

We live in a world obsessed with beauty, power and money. That's what you have to have to be successful in life. To that, I say: HAH! If I have to have all that to be 'successful', I'd rather fail.

I don't need those things. What I do need, though, is to be surrounded by the right people. The people who are gonna be grounded, supportive and understanding. How they look doesn't matter, because that isn't what matters.

It's all on the inside. Who wants a good looking apple with worms in it? No one right? But most people would pick that one out first and put it into their baskets.

Gah.

The egos built up by being fawned upon sicken me. I loathe this with passion. Coming across people who are that full of themselves makes me want to drag them back down to earth by the most painful means possible. I know I sound like a %^&($, but I have had to deal with this so many times, I'm sick of it.

DID YOU KNOW:
When I first told people about sickening person A, NOBODY believed me. They thought it was just prejudice I had against the person. I wonder if they stopped to think about what I was saying. The same thing happened when I told them about sickening person B.
Guess what. These two sickening people finally have proven that what I had told people before was true. NOW people believe what I have been saying all this while.

Sigh. It's not going to change. I know that people are still gonna spring for what the World values, but I also know that I am not. I'm gonna do everything I can to keep myself in check and make sure that what I want is something that will benefit me as a person.

**note**

Future posts are probably gonna have icons like the last one, but I couldn't find one suitable for this and needed to get it down. So I just wrote it. Hope you enjoyed. :)

No comments: