Thursday 5 August 2010

figure it out

Tonight, Alex and I spent a bonding session in front of the television.

And as we contemplated ordering McDonald's and leaving the tv stuck on Nickelodeon, we decided to revisit some classic Nick and opened up the laptop to see if there were any Figure it Out episodes up there.

We adored that show.

I would look forward to it, so much so that I'd arrange my schedule around the times I knew it was gonna show.

Watching it today was a different story.

Let's just say that I can understand why our parents weren't too pleased when they caught us watching reruns of the episodes we had seen.

It's...not that great a show.

The host fumbles over her lines a lot, the kids 'talents' aren't that interesting, and the prizes kind of suck. I don't know whether I feel this way because new game shows that have elevated my expectations, but it was extremely disappointing.

In a weird way, I guess I still love it.
The way you come to love anything that defined a part of your life, if even only for a little while.


So if you asked me to watch it with you, I would without a second thought.

--

Hope you're well.

:)


No comments: