Sunday 30 March 2008

EARTH HOUR '08


Right. So I'm pretty sure most of you have heard about this. Earth Hour.

My question is: did you take part? Did you sacrifice that little bit of your time to say 'Hey, I'm gonna do my part and take care of this Earth.'? Well, despite the 'inconvenience' it may cause, it is important to take part in events like this.

Earth Hour is something that takes place all over the world. From 8.00pm to 9.00 pm local time. It's very simple. All you have to do is turn of all electrical devices and lights so conserve some of the energy that we usually use unnecessarily. One simple act. But it goes a long way.

The reason that Earth Hour has a set time and such, is because the idea is to make the biggest impact possible. If EVERYONE took part, and it was at the same time, there would be a HUGE drop in the energy consumption for that hour. It's a our little way of giving back to the world.

So if you didn't take part in Earth Hour this year, I challenge you to do it next year. It IS important.

My brother filmed the whole hour that he and I were in the dark. My maid made a few appearances too. :) If you have THAT much (crazy) time on your hands, you can watch the whole thing and find out what we were up to here:

http://backwalnut.blogspot.com


Comments on the side as usual. :) Thanks for reading.

No comments: